South East Area
Freemasonry in the Community continues to successfully develop its presence within the province. Our participation in an event can only be achieved by Masons giving up their time as volunteers to help stage and staff such events throughout the FiTC Events Calendar.
We in the South East Area require volunteers to assist our team by attending events or even by collecting and delivering the equipment for such an event in a suitably sized vehicle (large estate vehicles or vans are often required).
We now need additional brethren from the province to attend these public events as Volunteers or if interested become Ambassadors for Freemasonry operating our Display Trailer, Lite units and Masonic Centres Provincial events. The ideal volunteer must:
- Be keen to meet with the public and discuss the rewards of becoming a Freemason
- Be confident, friendly and enthusiastic about Freemasonry
- Enjoy talking to and listening to people
- Having some experience in selling concepts would be beneficial but not essential
- Be willing to volunteer their time to support FiTC public attended events
- Be interested to know more about FiTC
- Or would prefer to assist with the logistics and setting up of the event
Examples; Classic Car Show, British Motor Show, Ward Walk for QA Hospital, Christmas Lights, Blackmoor Apple Tasting, Portchester Castle Gala, Fireworks Display, MacMillan Coffee Mornings, Southampton Boat Show, Sunflower Walk Mountbatten Hospice etc, etc.
Area Management Teams, Light Blues and wives/partners would be most especially welcome, come and get involved and enjoy the events. If interested please forward your name, Masonic rank, Area and any FiTC experience (if applicable) to Peter Close at email@example.com or Peter Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org S/E FITC Secretary
W. Bro Peter H Close
Chairman SE FiTC.